Business Mindset 33
Understanding lack of moral and ethical values
Lack of moral and ethical values in our young generation, especially men. And tendency towards corruption.
What is my analysis so far dealing with our youth in Pakistan. I have been observing them for past few years and trying to figure out why they tend to corruption so quick and what is causing this?
Primary reason of moral and ethical corruption is usually due to income pressure. And where does this income pressure comes from?
1. Expenses are more than income.
2. Expensive wife who needs more, more, more, more, more and more.
3. Younger hopeless siblings at home causing more pressure on income.
4. Rising inflation, rising living cost but salary not rising adequately.
5. Lack of 3 major attributes in Pakistani culture. “Sabar”, “Shukur” and “Qinaat Pasandi” These 3 attributes are the major cause of attaining peace vs corruption
6. Absolutely unrealistic goals for next year. Causing pressure on self-esteem.
7. Show-off culture. Cannot survive without show-off. Why people tend to show off? They do if they are living in Joint family system. If you are living independently then you will have less pressure of show-off. Show off is required when you live among other humans? Or other relatives?
The greed for more, more, more, more, more, more is so prevailing right now that I am shocked. I am literrally shocked. A young boy worth Rs 25k is now making Rs 125k a month and looking forward to Rs 500k income. Un-realistic goals, Un-realistic expectations.
1. Naik, Sabir and Shakir biwi. Please avoid Simran. Stay away from Simran.
2. Set realistic goals. If you earn 125k then set a goal for 20-30% increase for next year if you are an entrepruner. Be realistic.
3. Be “Qinaat pasand”. Focus on savings. Avoid show-off. Be “Sabir” and “Shakir”
4. Greed has no limit. Greed is nothing but “Dosagh ki aagh” It will never calm down, no matter what you do. This “Jahannum ki aagh” will take you towards corruption, no matter how many prayers and fastings you do.
Please don’t get offended. I am just saying what I observe. I absolutely admire our country and absolutely love the fact that Pakistanis are most “Namazi” and “Perhaizgar” nation on earth. I agree 100%. However we have serious problem of corruption to deal with. I hope you take it positive. I apologize if anyone is offended.